Saturday, November 9, 2013

This is NOT a science experiment...

... but it sure feels like one!  Have you ever seen what happens when you put Mentos Mints in a bottle of Diet Coke?  It's a crazy, fun explosion that the boys & I used to do all the time.  :) 
Unfortunately, a similar phenomena is now happening when Caleb takes his chemo pills.  The second they hit his stomach, they land feet away.  This has been happening for 2 weeks now.  Luckily, we're able to reshape the pills and keep trying, but sometimes this process takes up to two hours for him to complete the arduous task.  We'd love your prayers to help him with this horrifying problem.  He's so scared to take them now, he gets incredibly anxious beforehand, as you can only imagine! 

He's also going on Day 6 of strep throat and doesn't feel any better than he did on Day 1.  We just ask that you also please pray for him to heal quickly of this sickness, so that he can better deal with everything else.  Thanks so much & God bless. 

8 comments:

  1. Prayers continue for Calebs continued healing, for all his family, and for his medical team. God's arms around all of you tightly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble taking pills, too little Caleb. Sometimes I try to swallow them with a bite of ice cream or yogurt, or maybe some applesauce. Something smooth and tasty sometimes helps me. Maybe this little trick would help trick your tummy into thinking you're just having a little snack instead of taking a pill. I pray that maybe this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking your Heavenly Daddy to help you get through those rough times and give your family extra touches of His amazing grace!
    Psalm 119: 73-77 "Your hands made me and formed me, give me understanding to learn your commands. May those who trust You, rejoice when they see me for I have put my hope in Your word. May your unfailing love be my comfort, let your compassion come to me, that I may live, for your law is my delight!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is some way that you can try to tie the current issues with his strep throat (in his mind at least) then maybe once he gets over his strep, he'll get over his anxiety. Maybe...

    Duncan's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, you and Caleb and the family remain in my thoughts and prayers. May Caleb heal quickly and as painlessly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Caleb this joke, "How did the frog feel when he hurt his leg? Unhoppy". Maybe a little joke will make him smile when he takes his pills. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand the concept there Melissa cause my daughter did the same a lot of time . But depending on how big they are can u wrap a peice of cheese around it just to get it down ? We tried it with our daughter sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eveything will be just fine,I can't wait till u come to snip it's so I can give u a lollipop for every yuckie pill u have swallowed,I know that will make u happy:) this is your stylist we all miss u dearly and can't wait for your return :)))) Lv u

    ReplyDelete